With an annual turnover of over more than 1 Billion AUD and installed capacity in excess of 5 GW across 25 countries, juwi is one of the world’s leading companies in the renewable energy sector. Since 1996, juwi has been developing, planning, financing and operating power plants and systems that use renewable energies – wind and solar.
The Australian subsidiary has already completed a 10.6MWp solar PV + 6MW battery system on a remote mine in Western Australia, making it the world’s largest off-grid system. Driven by the increasing demand for utility scale Photovoltaic systems in both the off-grid and on-grid segments, juwi is expanding the development and EPC support team within Australia.
Job Title: Project Engineer
Compensation: Competitive compensation package with fixed salary and performance based bonus and benefits
The selected candidate will be responsible for the successful delivery of free field solar PV systems. He/she will be responsible for project engineering deliverables as follows:
- Cost calculation, risk evaluation and project documentation
- Supporting the EPC contract negotiation
- Sub-contractor management and supporting contract negotiation
- Monitoring and management of project timelines and budgets
- Management of project teams in a matrix organization including engineering & construction
- Close interaction with specialized departments and the Group
- Regular update about the project progress & budget
- Offer preparation, RFP, RFQ, TOR evaluation and bid preparation for PV projects.
- Support to electrical, civil, structural and mechanical system design and construction work to ensure it meets contract obligations;
- Ensure projects are built according to juwi standards
- Lead and become familiar with project schedules and help deviate and adjust schedules to support on-time project requirements while keeping juwi’s quality management practices
- Ensure that deployed components in the PV plants conform to the juwi quality requirements
- Review and be familiar with vendor requirements and assure that equipment is installed in a manner so as not to void warranties
- Support coordination with vendors and juwi International engineers for in-field design changes.
- Support the juwi supply chain team in the resolution of complex problems with manufacturing firms, sub-contractors, suppliers, and clients.
- Maintain juwi’s high project HSE and site safety standards
- Review all subcontractor QA plan & procedures and bring all plans into conformance with project requirements.
- Review plans and procedures periodically and institute changes if necessary.
Foster and develop a team effort spirit.
The ideal candidate:
- An engineering, natural science or environmental planning degree
- At least 5 years of successful project engineering and/or management track record in the Australian power or energy industry, preferably solar power or other renewable energies.
- Proven performance for technically complex projects and agreements.
- The ability to lead project team members
- Successful relationship building across a broad range of levels
- A team player with exceptional communication skills, a self-starter with a strong entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for renewable energies.
- Willing to travel extensively within Australia.
- Electrical engineering with RPEQ/CPeng is a plus.
- The ability to commence employment with an immediate start is highly valued.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a growing, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment. juwi’s flat management structure empowers the team members with the ability to take quick decisions.
juwi is a stable, long-term oriented work environment owned by the two founding shareholders and Germany’s 5th largest utility. The entire organisation shares a high level of commitment and passion for the vision of 100% renewable energy.
To apply, please send us your application via email to email@example.com, including cover letter, full CV and credentials (related to school, university, work etc.) and stating your salary expectation. Please insert the job title in the email Subject Line.
We are looking forward to your energy!